Kingston Ultra-Secure DataTraveler 6000 USB Flash Drive made for enterprises and government agencies
Elena Vnorovscaia / Chişinău / Moldova.ORG / -- American privately held, multinational computer Technology Corporation that develops, manufactures, sells and supports flash memory products and other computer-related memory products, Kingston Digital has announced its new product which is made especially for enterprises and government agencies that really needs highly-secure digital devices to keep their secrets safe.
The DataTraveler 6000 is an ultra-secure USB Flash drive which will protect organization's portable data using elliptic curve cryptography (ECC), which is recommended by the United States National Security Agency (NSA) as part of the NSA Suite B set of cryptographic algorithms.
The device offers Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 3-grade data protection and 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption using an XTS block cipher mode that provides stronger protection over other block cipher modes such as CBC and ECB modes.
The DataTraveler 6000 eliminates the possibility of password brute force attacks by destroying all critical security parameters after 10 invalid login attempts.
The flash drive is rugged – it has a tamper-proof and water-proof titanium-coated stainless steel casing.
It features a USB 2.0 interface, offers read/write speeds of up to 11/5 MB/s, and comes with a five-year warranty.
* FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Validated
* U.S. Department of Defense Data At Rest Tiger Team (DARTT) & USCYBERCOM approved
* Ultra-Strong Security Architecture
– Drive locks down after 10 intrusion attempts and encryption
key is destroyed
– No passwords stored on device or host
– Hardware designed and assembled in the U.S.
– United States National Security Agency Suite B set of cryptographic on Board™
– Elliptic curve cryptography
– Secure channel communication
– Digitally signed firmware updates using Suite B SHA-384 and ECDSA P-384
– DT6000 can operate with AutoRun disabled
– Enforces tamper-free AutoRun files
– Cryptography made in the U.S.
* Enforced Complex Password – Password is user-set with a minimum of three of the four characteristics (lowercase, uppercase, characters and numbers) required to prevent unauthorized access
* Full Privacy – 100 percent of stored data is protected by 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) hardwarebased encryption
— master key recreated at logon
*Customizable1 – preload content, full security policy customization, casing options
* Tamper-Proof Physical Security Barrier
* Waterproof2 – protected against water damage
* Guaranteed – five-year warranty with 24/7 customer support
* Ruggedized – titanium-coated stainless steel casing
• Dimensions 3.06” x 0.9” x 0.47” (77.9mm x 22mm x 12.05mm)
• Speed3 up to 11MB/s read, 5MB/s write
• Capacities4 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB
• Compatibility designed to USB 2.0 specifications
• Operating Temperature 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
• Storage Temperature -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
Minimum System Requirements:
- USB 2.0 compliant and 1.1 compatible
- Two (2) free consecutive drive letters required for use5
Compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista ХP1-2, Windows XP SP2-3, Mac OS X v. 10.5.x-10.6.x
The DataTraveler 6000 (DT6000) line includes 2GB, 4GB, 8GB and 16GB drives which cost $100, $116, $147 and $208, respectively.